Profile Education Ltd, Unit 20-24 Gibraltar Row, Liverpool, L3 7HJ is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and the data protection legislation in the UK. We are the controller of any personal data you provide to us or we collect about you. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
Disclosure of Information
For business to business trading we collect your name, company name, company email address, company address and business telephone number, for direct sales to the public we collect your name, address, email address and telephone number. We need this information in order to be able to provide you with a product or service you have ordered or to respond to your enquiry and to contact you should there be any issues with providing the product or service. If you have made enquires with us we have a legitimate interest in also contacting you in the future with details of further products or services we offer in order to assist you in your road to compliance.
When you opt-in for news and updates, we need to know your email address only. This allows us to send you product information which is relevant to your business. Profile Education will use your email address help us provide our products and services to you and to update you about new products/services. If we send you an email regarding our products and services you will have the option to unsubscribe.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
The processing of personal data of a child is only lawful if parental or custodian consent has been obtained and we shall therefore only accept and process personal data of a child once that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child by completing our consent form. The personal data collected for a child will be used to enable us to schedule/book a photo shoot or short video demonstrating products we sell which with consent may be used in catalogues, mailshots and on our website.
When you attend our premises Profile Education uses CCTV footage for security monitoring purposes.
The following shows what our legal basis for processing the personal data is:
• Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your order or invoice.
• Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your address details.
• Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Profile Education Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
• Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
We may pass your personal data on to a third-party service provider contracted to Profile Education in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service requested by Profile Education as follows:
Delivery Partners – Profile Education works with delivery companies in order for you to receive your goods, we only provide data necessary to complete a delivery.
IT Companies – Profile Education works with businesses who support our website and other business systems.
Credit Reference Agencies – Profile Education will make searches about you with credit reference agencies when you apply for credit. This is to make sure customers who apply for credit accounts are able to manage the level of credit offered and not committing fraud by providing inaccurate or false information.
Keeping records accurate
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
All information will be kept as confident and as secure as possible through the use of Profile Education’s secure server software. As required by the GDPR and Data Protection Act 1998 Profile Education follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have provided so as to prevent unauthorised access. Profile Education uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of the information including without limitation ‘firewalls’. Profile Education also works with suppliers and partners who may make use of cloud and/or hosted technologies. We undertake data security due diligence on our partners and ensure that these partners conform to appropriate accreditation’s.
Under the Act you are entitled, on payment of a fee, to be given by Profile Education, a description of all personal data we hold about you, the purpose for which this is being processed and the recipients to whom this may be disclosed. You also have the right to have communicated to you in an intelligible form, the information constituting the personal data and any information available to Profile Education as to the source of that personal data. Please contact using the details below.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Profile Education refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Profile Education (or third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with Profile Education’s Data Protection Manager by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 0151 479 3030. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Profile Education reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of this policy from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied policy on the Profile Education website. By continuing to use the Profile Education’s website after such posting you will be deemed to accept such variations. You should visit the page periodically to review this policy and its terms and conditions because they are binding upon you. In the event that any term of this policy is held to be invalid, unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that term shall be deemed severable and the remainder of this policy shall remain valid and enforceable.
If you have any questions about privacy, please contact us at:
Tel: 0151 479 3030
Write to us: Profile Education Ltd, 20-24 Gibraltar Row, Liverpool, L3 7HJ